Please find below the overview for home learning and supporting resources for Year 1. You can access the documents by clicking on these links:
A range of zoos and aquariums are offering live streams of their animals. Keep busy at home by watching animals live and see what they are up to in real time. You may not get the chance to see these animals in a zoo near you, so take the chance to have a look.
- Write an adventure story including an animal of your choice
- Write a diary entry from an animal’s point of view
- Draw a picture of your favourite animal and label it
- Write a newspaper report based on an animal
- Creative artwork based on an animal you have watched
- Write about ‘a day in the life of…’
- Write about how the animals might feel about being in a cage/enclosure
- What is the difference between being in captivity and in the wild?
Access a range of live streams below:
Edinburgh Zoo (UK)
Marwell Zoo (UK)
Dublin Zoo (Ireland)
San Diego Zoo (USA)
Houston Zoo (USA)
Living Coast Wild Planet trust (UK)
Paignton Zoo (UK)
Smithsonian’s National Zoo (USA)
Monterey Bay Aquarium (USA)
Kansa City Zoo (USA)
This is our first post for our Year 1 blog. Come back and visit to see our news and events.