Our school has been allocated £8110 from the Government’s Sports Premium Funding. This money will be spent over the course of the year to finance sustainable developments in P.E. and sport opportunities for children in school.
We have bought into Sedgefield SSP Service Level Agreement (£1,500) and the Enhanced SLA (£4,000) . This allows us to:
- Provide specialist training for staff in school.
- Provide 60 hours of high quality coaching per year to aid pupil and staff development (gymnastics, dance and athletics).
- Attend a wide variety of CPD opportunities.
- Participate in various sporting tournaments and festivals over the course of the year.
- Gain detailed end of year reports on pupil participation in festivals and competitions.
- Taster session for a variety of sports, including judo, basketball, netball and football.
We will also be using the funding to purchase new sport team kits and gymnastics equipment.
Funding for a Masters Degree in Education Leadership and Management (PE focus). (£1000)
Funding is also used to provide transport to and from events throughout the school year.
Additional yoga sessions have been provided for our Year 1 children as an extension from Tatty Bumpkin.