At West Cornforth Primary School we value all pupils as individuals and offer education and care in a stimulating, exciting and spacious new building with the intention of providing everyone with the best education possible.
The school aims, in partnership with home:
- To provide a happy and welcoming school where children enjoy learning and fulfil their potential through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To respect, value and include everyone in our community, regardless of race, religion, culture or ability.
- To develop our children’s self esteem and self-confidence so they feel proud of themselves, proud of their achievements and proud of their school.
- To develop in our children lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question, to argue rationally and to apply themselves to realistic tasks and challenges.
- To develop within each child the powers of imagination, creativity and self-expression.
- For children to become self disciplined with a clear understanding of right and wrong.
- To nurture each child’s emotional and spiritual development.
- To involve parents in all aspects of their child’s education.
- To prepare and educate children about the wider world beyond the local area.
- To provide opportunities for professional and personal development for all staff.
- To be central to our village community and develop supportive partnerships.
- To promote high standards and high expectations in all areas of school life.