At West Cornforth Primary School, we value all pupils as individuals and offer education and care in a stimulating environment. Our mission is to create a safe environment in which every child has the opportunity to reach the highest levels of achievement of which they are capable in all aspects of learning. We aim to develop children’s confidence, motivation and desire to learn. We will do this through planning and delivering a wide range of creative, challenging and effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all our children. We will promote a positive school ethos based on mutual respect and the understanding of rights and responsibilities. We want everyone to feel welcome and safe at school.
The school aims, in partnership with home:
- To provide a happy and welcoming school where children enjoy learning and fulfil their potential through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To respect, value and include everyone in our community, regardless of race, religion, culture or ability.
- To develop our children’s self esteem and self-confidence so they feel proud of themselves, proud of their achievements and proud of their school.
- To develop in our children lively, inquiring minds, the ability to question, to argue rationally and to apply themselves to realistic tasks and challenges.
- To develop within each child the powers of imagination, creativity and self-expression.
- For children to become self disciplined with a clear understanding of right and wrong.
- To nurture each child’s emotional and spiritual development.
- To involve parents in all aspects of their child’s education.
- To prepare and educate children about the wider world beyond the local area.
- To provide opportunities for professional and personal development for all staff.
- To be central to our village community and develop supportive partnerships.
- To promote high standards and high expectations in all areas of school life.